First, I wanna share a little life update. Here's what's been going on in my life since I've been absent:
- My now ex-boyfriend moved out on December 1st. I still love him dearly and we are still friends, but we're at different places in our lives.
- I gained a new awesome roommate! A strong, powerful and fun woman who just went through a double mastectomy and is kicking butt in recovery from it!
- We got a second kitty, Scully, for my roommate. Between trying to assert their dominance and position as head cat of the household, Duchess and him on are cordial and sometimes even act like they like one another!
- I got a second job as an interior design assistant. I haven't had the opportunity to work for this other firm a whole lot yet because of both their busy schedule as well as my jam packed school schedule, but we'll see how it goes.
- Took two studio classes this past semester, which was TONS of work. In Healthcare Design class me and a partner designed a medical clinic for the Latino community in Columbus, Indiana. And in Commercial 2, I designed the first two floors of a hotel in Singapore called S Factor, which was chosen for the Hall of Fame. (More about those projects soon!)
- I've recently been working more for the designer I've been working with for the past 6 months which is great! The firm is Dwellings Design Group. We only have one project up on Houzz right now, but lots of idea books.
- I'm taking a break from school next semester because the last class that I need for the Associate's Degree isn't offered. That will give me time to determine whether I'm going to fork out more money for the Bachelors Degree, or if its not necessary given my previous degree and portfolio. It also will give me more time for blogging! Yay!
So those are the big things. The switch from engineering to interior design has been great, but its still in the works. I've got to update my portfolio again, talk to more design firms, and hustle up some work. So I'll keep ya'll filled and share my school projects with you as well.