Monday, January 14, 2013

Fabulous Cork Boards

Hello lovely readers!  I hope you had a nice weekend. I know I did.  I drove up to my dad's on Saturday and helped him reorganize his home office (photos coming soon), which of course got me thinking more about my office and the reorganization that it needs. (It's a resolution of mine to corral the mess and beautiful the space.)

I have a giant cork board in my office that I've been wanting to do something fun with for quite some time now. I was initially thinking about covering it with fabric like so many awesome DIYers out there have...







I love this look, but I think I decided yesterday that in going to paint it instead. I actually bought a pretty shower curtain from Marshalls that I was going to use to cover it, but then I decided that the bold curtain would be better used to cover my future futon and that a simple pattern would be more suitable for the cork board.  So a little paint and painters tape should do the trick!  Check out these inspiring painted cork boards that I discovered surfing the internet...








Here's a few more fun cork board ideas...

I love this idea of combining a few different surfaces. Cork board, chalk board, what more could you need?!


Try making your board out of wine corks...


Or make a map and keep track of your travels...



Use your cork board as a calendar...



Or make it a fun shape!



Turn cork into custom coasters...



Protect your wall from stray darts...


Or create an entire wall of cork!



All this cork is getting me excited! I'd love to do this project right NOW, but I'm afraid homework and what-not is going to occupy my immediate future. Hopefully this project is not too far off though.  I'll post photos when the time comes.  Have you done any fun cork projects recently?

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know right! I can't wait to make one of my own. Thanks for sharing yours Christina!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for featuring my map cork board! what a great looking round up of cork boards! so many fun ideas...
    :)
    autumn
    design dump

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Autumn! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

      Delete

Comments make me happy!