Thursday, January 10, 2013

Warm It Up with Red

Aaaaannnd.... over a week later, here I am!  Whoops!  I haven't fallen off the edge of the blog universe, or been eaten by purple people eaters.  I did, however, pick up a little bug, which has left me hacking up a lung for the past few days.  This cold along with adjusting to being back to reality after the holidays has made a bad blogger out of me. But I promise to get back on track!

Quick update: I was up at my mom's again this past weekend, finishing up the curtain stenciling project we started a while back. So the curtains are up and the room is just waiting to be photographed. I can't wait to show you!

In the meantime, my mom and I have been pondering ideas for the other areas of her house. We've been talking about using red in the living room. A color associated with warmth, comfort, and excitement, seems fitting for my warm-hearted and enthusiastic mother. I'm not sure if this idea will stick being that my mother has a little problem (or asset) of loving every color in the rainbow, but I've been searching for inspiration despite her indecisive ways. Here are some images I came across that add warmth and comfort with the use of red.

Source: Our Fifth House

Source: Real Simple

Source: Joy Tribout via Pinterest