Monday, March 18, 2013

A Whimsical but Chic Nursery Color Palette

We're moving right along with the ARC Design Challenged I previously mentioned.  On Wednesday we had to come up with a concept statement for our design. So I thought I'd share it with all of you to give you a little idea of were we plan on going with it: "Bright contemporary colors infuse upcyled items with warmth to create a whimsical but chic nursery."  You like?  But wait... there's more!

We also had to turn in our paint color choices. Is that a cart in front of our horse I see?  Paint wouldn't normally be the thing I'd start with for a project.  Being that they can make any paint color imaginable, I'd usually start with fabrics and furnishing and then pick paint to match/coordinate.  I'm guessing the reason we had to do make paint choices so early was an issue of logistics since Sherwin Williams is so graciously donating the paint.  Anyway, despite the fact that the process feels a little backwards to me, I'm super happy with the choices we made.  Check 'em out...

coral and mint green, sherwin williams, charisma, colonial revival sea green, westhighland white, crushed ice, ellie gray

I absolutely love the coral and minty green we chose. These colors are so great for a little girls room; girly and fun, yet still sophisticated.  Not to mention, they are totally in fashion at the moment which makes me happy inside (who else is excited about the bright skinny jeans in these colors?).  We chose to set these against a neutral backdrop of gray and white with the darker gray for accents.  Not only does using neutrals make for an easy change in the future with some simple switches, but if you peruse Pinterest or other online sources for design trends, you'll find a ton of gray and white rooms.  So this design choice is both trendy and timeless.  

Needless to say, I think these colors certainly lend themselves to a lovely girls nursery.   I'm excited about it.  I'm also excited to tell you about our first visit to the warehouse last Friday.  Come back tomorrow to see what we found. :)

1 comment:

Comments make me happy!