Tuesday, October 30, 2012

One Man's Trash, Another Man's Treasure

All weekend I've been dreaming about giving this guy new life...


I found this little night stand on craigslist for only $15 for my friend Melissa's bedroom that I'm working on. It needs a coat of paint and a new drawer pull, but I think it has a ton of potential and you can't beat the price.

Reasons I like it:
  1. I think it has kind of interesting details with the curved sides and panels on the drawer. I could see it painted black, then distressed to show of the shape and give it a little vintage look. (With spray paint this would be a piece of cake!)
  2. Lot's of room for Melissa's books and accessories.
  3. Melissa can customize it with whatever cute fancy drawer pull her heart desires.
  4. The top is similar to a desk she currently has. I plan on a little rearranging, so with the desk on one side of the bed and this nightstand on the other, the room with be balanced and the desk will be functional even though Melissa doesn't really use it as a work space.
  5. What a bargain! :)
distressed black nightstand with glam hardware

So many possibilities. Looking forward to the transformation! Also... Melissa's Enchanted Bedroom mood board coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!