Monday, October 15, 2012

Organizing Mom's Den

The latest project I've been working on is my wonderful mom's den, which functions as her TV room, and office. Before we began the transformation, the room was home to a large sectional sofa that was bought for the house I grew up in (where my sister and I used to practice many gymnastics tricks) that was just too big for the room, mom's laptop station, filing, and catch-all bookcase with office supplies, reference books, and other odds and ends.

Working on a limited budget, I came up with a plan to find a sofa suitable to the side of the room, reorganize the office supplies into the underutilized closet, spruce things up with a fresh coat of paint and curtain panels, and showcase the art that she's collected over the years.

First things first, the closet and bookcase needed overhauling. With the office stuff sorted and contained to the closet, we could replace the bookcase with an awesome family heirloom, an Asian? side table that was hiding in the bedroom. I also swapped out a mirror from the bedroom to bring light in from the opposing sliding glass door. This is a great tip to brighten up a dark room! (For more tricks check out Apartment Therapy's 5 Ways to Make a Small, Dark Room Feel Larger.)

Here is a sneak peak of our progress so far. A little organizing, a fresh coat of paint, rearranging existing furniture, and styling with pretty accessories from around the house...


Come back later to see more as we continue the transformation!  

If you need help organizing and are in the Orange County area, I'd love to help! Contact me to discuss services and pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!