It's almost time for a Halloween Party! My boyfriend, Frank, and I have a Halloween party coming up next weekend and I haven't come up with cute couples costumes yet. Last year we actually had no specific plans, but I really really really wanted to make Popeye and Olive Oyl (spiced up a bit... cause hey... its Halloween!) costumes... so I did!
Here's how I made it...
- Sewed lace trim (Joann Fabrics) to red Goodwill shirt - trim $4, shirt $6
- Loosely stitched yellow ribbon (Joann Fabrics) to a black skirt I had - ribbon $4, skirt free
- Bought ruffly socks a previous year for another costume - free this year but around $5 I think
- Accessorize with white plastic earnings - $3
- Don't forget the hair! (I've got the little protruding bun thing goin' on in the back)
- Put blue T-shirt under black polo shirt (Goodwill) and rolled sleeves for the cuffs - $6 for both
- Sewed sailor color using red fabric and black ribbon (Joann Fabrics) similar to this although I attached it to the shirt with safety pins so that it could be used later - fabric $3, ribbon $4
- Blue Dickies pants (T-shirt Store) - $20
- Frank's boots - free
- Made belt with yellow material (Joann Fabrics) and a buckle from an old belt we had - $2
- Cut circles out of yellow felt (Joann Fabrics) for buttons and attached with safety pins - $1
Cost = $36
Total Cost for both = $58